Monday, March 25, 2013

Colour Blocked

Last season we saw a lot of color-blocking and I'm glad its here to stay this season also. Its a trend I love watching most, with so many options to explore. We see to many odd and new color coded outfits, which is the beauty of this trend. The working lady to the party animal, all have their own take on this trend. You can look sophisticated to casual to chic with this trend.  An interesting part of this trend is it slims you down if you wear it right. This could never be done before so easily! I'll be using this outfit for a contest on StylePile. You could see my entries here and here vote for me!

1. To begin with you could use one bright hue with a light hue.
2.Always keep a neutral or earthy color if the other two colors are bright.
3. You could mix in patterns if you like.
4. Neons can make the look bolder than the average.
5. With black being a covetable fashion item, busrts of colors with it can look crisp and trendy.
6. Always use darkers shades on the problem areas(dark bottom for the pear shaped, darker tops for apple shaped)
7. Color blocking with jewellery has become more and more of a fashion staple.
8. Pick a color blocked dress instead, if you can't figure out how and what!!
9. Do not mix more than 4 colors in one outfit. Can create a lot of confusion. I think three colors create the best color blocked look.
10. Experiment with combinations you would otherwise never dare to put together.
11. The daring ones can pick up one color in different tones, and wear them all together. Keep shoes neutral.

This post is special because I'm wearing my DIY collar here. With everyone making theses, I had to make one for myself.





















15 comments:

  1. the collar looks really pretty and easy to do and i really like your colour block outfit x
    http://thelittlefashionistafx.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice Diy! Totally gonna try it!

    allthingsdesirable.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. really cool diy, I really love the necklace!
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely .... really cool.... also loved your sunglasses :)

    XOXO

    http://secretsofmissdaydreamer.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the necklace..neatly done.
    Good job.

    Aditi
    So-Saree
    www.sosaree.blogspot.in
    New Post Up

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love colour blocking all through the year. However, absolutely love it all the more during summer. I think you worked the colour blocking really well, with the pops of colour!


    <3
    Sonshu
    www.thesonshu.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the pearl collar looks beautiful!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. like the bib going with the outfit.
    Thanks for viisiting :)

    Love from Bindigasm
    Facebook buddies?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sanaya !

    Lovely blog. That beaded collar you made for this outfit really took the whole look to another level. Very inspiring. I have like your facebook fan page. Couldn't get through to your bloglovin link (maybe its broken?) But I would love to follow you there too, that's my preferred reader.

    Actually I am an Indian blogger too and new on the scene. It would be great if you could swing by my blog too :)

    Swati @ The Creative Bent

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following you NOW on blog lovin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely outfit and loved your DIY collar..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting my blog. Leave a cooment if you'd like me to visit your page. And don't forget to like me on Facebook and Bloglovin too:)